Saturday 13 October 2012

The Races

Finally, I have the pictures from the races to share with you. The dress I am wearing is from Zara. I decided on this dress mainly due to the colour and the cut around the arms, which is the same front and back. Although I tend not to stick to rules when it comes to what you should, and shouldn't wear, because this was a more formal event I thought I would wear a higher neckline. To accessorize, I wore just a simple necklace, gold watch and my Raybans. The clutch is also from Zara, I chose this to add some contrast in colour and texture with bright yellow and snakeskin. Finally, my shoes are simple black heels from Kurt Geiger. I decided against a hat for two reasons; 1. I didn't want to wear a hat (probably the best reason) and 2. It wasn't ladies day, so you aren't technically obliged to wear one. I feel very grown up in this outfit and it made me feel very womanly as it created curves with the cut. When I bought the dress I was a bit saddened by the fact that there is going to be very few places I will be able to wear it. However, due to the cut I think I'm going to try and style it with a military jacket and some ankle boots and see if that works (I will keep you posted). I'm going to the new Leeds Topshop tomorrow to visit their new flagship store... god help my bank balance :P.
P.S The girl in the pictures with me is one of my besties, Stacey, her dress is from Topshop and comes in loads of colours. I think the colour she has chosen looks amazing with her red hair. 
Enjoy you weekends and the pics.
Holly x

Dress: Zara
Shoes: Kurt Geiger
Tweed Jacket: Zara
Clutch: Zara
Sunglasses: Ray-ban
Necklace: Gift
Watch: Gift


Stacey has everything crossed for a win.






End of the day flats where a must!!

We won the final race YAY!!



 

Final picture of the day amongst the sunset and lost bet slips


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Did you go to the York races!? :) I usually go there since I live there :0 You look very beautiful! <3

    http://ohabbiee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we went to Chester. Thank you, I feel very grown up lol :P x

      Delete

© Hollies Closet. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig